Do I require a carbon monoxide detector in the same room as my stove?

Yes. This could save lives. Either yours, your families or that of your pets. 

Carbon monoxide can come from a woodburner or multi fuel stove not being correctly vented. It can also come from carbon monoxide fumes being pushed down a chimney after a bird building a nest or an internal collapse of a chimney occuring, unnoticed shortly after, or years after, installation. Carbon monoxide does not smell, it has absolutely no scent whatsoever, therefore, the only way of detecting it is by fitting a carbon monoxide detector in the room with the logburner. 

The risk of carbon monoxide fumes is higher with fossil fuels. Never use a damper or draught stabilier in a flue system if burning fossil fuels. 

One thing that is surprising is with some CO 2 detectors, when the battery is going flat, the alarm goes off. This can be most disturbing. Never ignore this. Treat it as a carbon monoxide leak. Open your windows to allow air to circulate. Extinguish your fire. Change the battery in the carbon monoxide detector and try again. If, with new batteries, the alarm still sounds, call a professional stove installer or chimney sweep to find the source of the problem. 

In homes, where children sleep in a room in which a chimney runs through, but has no fire place i.e. a bedroom above the fireplace, we recommend also placing a CO2 detector in that room too. CO` 2 does not nessicarily come from the fireplace. CO 2 can seep from a breached chimney at any place.